After years of Trial & Error with various Carts ! >
I am convinced their is NOTHING affordable on the market that has been truly thought out from a Suppliers perspective !
The problems for a “small-time Distributor like us are
- Our Suppliers List Prices are in USD ( International now for Most Countries” for Trading Purposes
Of course as a Distributor we get a Discount Wholesaler Price
This depends on the Product Catagory ( & sometimes Qty Dependant )
WE deal with (currently about 8 Main Supplies and 10-20 others
- Each can have a product list from (single item per Supplier up to 10’s of 1000s item
- Currently our Database lists some 30-50,000 potential items ( separate Cat.#s )
some Practical issues
The OEM Prices generally can change prices, introduce new products or simple update specs & prices,
(usually) Annually sometimes at random !
but The real “bastard Problem - no-one can cope with . . .
- Exchange Rates : In our case USD > AUD can vary +/-5% in weeks Long term 0.46 to 1.15 like a “yo-yo!”
- Australia has been such a “basket case” politically / economically and otherwise over the years / decades
- The daily exchange rate can vary drastically from day-to-day ( and we can cope with that sometimes ?)
But in “melt-down” situations it it Not unusual to get a spread of XR +/- 5% over a few weeks
some Info Links> Freight charges, re Our CT-Prices > XRs; How to place an Order Older pages ? > but still all good stuff !
I am sure it is manipulated by Banks ( THEY are TOO BIG to Fail ! )and miscellaneous “money grubbers””
Extremes have been from 0.47 to 1.15 over the 30+ years Chromalytic has been in business
. . . that is truly crazy stuff ! . . . intolerable !
Of course banks get their extorted commission of 4-5% of each Currency Transaction Buy/Sell plus a Bank Charge ( for Internal of current $25) per transaction
As a small business acting as enforced Tax Collectors for the Feds we are also obligated to add 10% GST to everthing we sell in Australia plus pay GST Up-front on imports
This is supposed to simplify things compared to the historic SalesTax system of years ago
Customers wonder why thy can’t buy in AUD the same prices they see on the Web
FOOLS don’t realise these (above) costs involved AND the fact that most Prices listed on the Web ( by Amazon, E-Bay etc ) are ALWAYS in USD and rarely is this prominently displayed > so BUYER BEWARE AND that Freight (Imporr) costs are add-on and can be prohibitive by Courier One takes a big risk using Postal Services on ANY king > Anywhere !
Items we Export
No GST Is applicable ( although on Export / Import into Other Countries then their local Tax/Customs Custom Charges also apply
IT IS NIGH ON IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANY SHOP Cart to cope let alone Business ACCOUNTING SYSTEMs
Let alone over-Simplistic SHOP CARTS
Chromtech have implemented various prototype Carts ( NOF, WIX, EXWID ) WordPress) with varying success as prototype / shortcuts or try and simplify the Ordering Process for YOU our customers
Mals Cart is simple enough, powerful and probably one of the better ones - but not without i’ts’ “foibles”
BUT nothing can cope with the overall complexity Wholesale buying . Import Accounts >
THen WE are faced with the real issue of competitors pirating our database Info In many cases we set ourselves up as a potential target small a we might be ... doing this we would tend to be Market Leaders that the likes of Bunnings even might undercut!
Mals Cart Functionality
- based on “BUY Buttons” and single line-by-line links
- It IS secure via PayPAL Online for CC payment
- Customer Shipments cost can be sort of optimised
- Discounts are possible
Sales Tax or Not ( Int’l ) Integrated customer / Chromtech
- but unfortunately NOT yet Linked into our Accounts
- Because of above simplifications adjustments often need to be made
- On-Line Mals > a prelim PP INVOICE-1
- You pay on that to initiate the Ordering process
On you Paying PP we also get a copy which we act on and process your Order
- We advise of by a PP INV-2 of any adjustment required ( for whatever reason ! )
IF You Agree to proceed THEN U Pay PP
- WE SHIP ONLY When the TOTAL P PINV-1 and -2 is PAID
- Or IF You DONT want to proceed then we refund any Money Paid ( less the PP Handling Fee 2 to 3% of INV Value
You can also use Mals as a RFQ form manually from within
You follow thru’ Mals System but have that option B4 doing the PP authourisation
- Bt until we come up with a better system . . . its the best we can do
- We’ve compromised but allowing you access to a few 100 of our more popular items
Also see other of our “proto Shops”
A Fully functional SHOP was available at www.chromalytic.net.au ALL 30K item prices -but Now taken off-line due to above factors
- We are working on a restricted SHOP ( approved customers Only ) - due to the associated “security” issues
- Efforts have been made to make our Sites More mobile friendly PC > Tablet > Mobile phone compatible with some degree of interchangeable Info id one format or another
U Must have patience ! OUR SITE IS FAR TOO OVER-AMBITIOUS . . . for most !
maybe . . . The KISS Principle should apply !
I used to think that scientist wanted to get involved in THE detail . . . > in recent times I am starting to wonder ?
“Life wasn’t meant to be Easy ! “